Welcome to St Luke’s Church and the Anglican Parish of Mosman Park, Western Australia.
We are a diverse group of people who care for our society and the environment, who live responsible lives and who seek to grow in faith and understanding of our God.
Ngaala kaadit Noongar moort kyen kaadak nidja boodja. We acknowledge the Whadjuk Noongar people as the original owners and custodians of this land, and their ongoing relationship with it. We acknowledge their leaders, past, present and emerging.
Children are welcome at all our services and there is a dedicated play area for younger children at the front of the church with Worship Bulletins and pencils available. Children are invited to join our Sunday School activities on the second Sunday of the month during school term time.
St Luke’s Church is open for prayer and reflection most days from 9:00am—5:00pm and you are welcome to visit the church and its grounds during these times.
Our Mission Statement
Parish Council spent time considering the characteristics of our patron, Luke, and the characteristics of our Parish. Some of the characteristics of our Parish include:
- A welcoming place
- Provide pastoral care
- Serve a broad community
- Socially progressive
- Supportive of minorities and the marginalised
- Keepers of traditional sacraments
- Supporting local schools, including St Hilda’s
- Outward focus and outreach through the Op Shop, the Community Garden, and the relationship with Cana Communities
- Support the frail and aged local communities
- Connect with Town of Mosman Park Council and provide significant green space to the Town of Mosman Park
- Custodians of heritage listed properties
‘Table’ in the Mission Statement can be understood in at least two different ways. It is both the hospitality shown to our community with food and refreshments, and the altar, where people in all their diversity are welcome.